Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I've got a zanussi zwd1480 washing machine. I'm trying to

Customer Question

I've got a zanussi zwd1480 washing machine. I'm trying to replace the door seal. I've taken the seal off the front panel and I've removed the lid. But I cannot for the life of me work out how to get the front panel off.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Im afraid the front panel dont come off on this model.

As to fitting the door seal im afraid this is the worst washer to do as its very very tight in there to do it.

What i do is with the top panel removed you will see the front dryer vent going into the top of the door seal.

Remove the screw holding that on.

Then open the door and you will see another screws there tat the top.

Then remove the metal clamp holding the vent to the door seal.

Then you can pull the front vent out from there.

Now to remove the door seal from the drum you need to peel the door seal back at the bottom of the drum and just push it down and pull and it will come off easy from there.

Now to fit the seal lean the washer backwards against a wall as this will give a bit more room.

Line the door seal up in the correct position for the dryer vent at the top.

Now you need to lip the seal onto the drum and work you way round.

Now for the spring insert a long screwdriver through the door lock and hook the spring around the screwdriver and then streach the spring around and onto the seal.

Then you need to refit the dryer front vent from there and refit the front seal.

Now this all sounds more easyer then it is. As i said these are a complete nightmare to fit and one i dont like doing due to the fact there not much room in there.

Try the above and see how you get on. If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi DanielThanks for your response. Your advice was enough for me to book a service engineer. I'm more than happy to pay you something but £11 just to be told that the front panel cannot come off seems a bit much. I know that you tried to be helpful and offered a lot more info. Is there any way that I can credit part of the £11 or is it an all or nothing thing?Thanks.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

No worries, Just sorry that wasnt what you wanted to hear but if the panels dont come off i cannot tell you anything different im afraid.

As to the money side i dont know as i dont get involved in that side as i just answer the questions on here. So you will need to email customer services from your home page about that side of it and they will be able to sort that out if they can do it.

Regards