Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have a hotpount wmud962 washing machine. The door lock

Customer Question

We have a hotpount wmud962 washing machine. The door lock will not release but there is no water in the machine any ideas
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If there is no water, will the machine start a new cycle, even if the door will not unlock? If so, the issue is probably that the door is mechanically broken. If it will not start a new cycle, you may still have a faulty lock or the main electronic control has issues. Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already come to the conclusion that the electronic module or board must be at fault. I got the door open with the manual override. When I put a new load in the machine it just sat with the clock showing less time I manually started to fill the machine with a hose pipe, after a coupe of minute's it then started to fill itself. On the wash cycle it just continued to wash long after the clock showed 1 minute to go. After an extra hour I stopped the machine carried out a pump out cycle and the machine released the door. I then put another wash cycle on, this time it filled itself but would not add extra water for the rinse cycle and when finished the door would not release. This continued in the same vane but with different problems or combination of problems on multiple washes.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hmm, you may have a partially plugged pressure switch hose. If you remove the top of the machine, you will see the pressure switch mounted at the very top of the machine. It will have a very small hose attached to it. If you remove that hose and blow through it (the hose), does air easily pass?