Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have LG GR359SQ FRIDGE FREEZER.Fridge section is working

Customer Question

hi.I have LG GR359SQ FRIDGE FREEZER.Fridge section is working fine.Freezer section is cold but not freezing. Both fans are working
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
15 HOURS AND STILL WAITING FOR ANSWER......................
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! You will need to remove the rear wall from inside the freezer to determine if the issue lies with a frost build up or if the evaporator is only partially frosted, like from a low refrigerant level. Can you access the coil behind the rear wall inside the freezer and post a picture, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly. Here is the picture.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please let me know what time you are available to answer any question as responding after 20 hour is not very helpful............ Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
helllo............
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, you are 7 hours ahead of me. You have a low refrigerant level, you will need to have that professionally repaired as it requires specialized tools and equipment.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but fridge section is working fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also before i took picture there was frost on two row of evaporator and a lump of ice built around lack tape/joint.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Yes, the refrigerator will run fine, it does not need to get to subzero temperatures. There is a leak in the sealed system, you will need to have the leak repaired and the refrigerant recharged.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how much it will cost to repair
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I would estimate 225-250 GBP + parts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SOMEONE IS COMING ON SATURDAY TO HAVE A LOOK
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Great! Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ENGINEER IS COMING ON SATURDAY. I WAIT HIM TO CONFIRM BEFORE I GIVE FEED BACK.PLEASE BEAR WITH ME. REGARDS
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Sorry if you received automated messages, I have no control over those. Any message from me will show only in this thread.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well the engineer is saying they is blockage in evaporator. .
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It could be a restriction, but more likely a leak, given the symptoms. In any case, it is a sealed system repair that will not be inexpensive.