Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Hoover HFI 3012 dishwasher starts beeping midway through

Customer Question

My Hoover HFI 3012 dishwasher starts beeping midway through P1, P2 and P3 cycle and the wash remains incomplete. P4 works just fine.
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to add, ensured salt and rinse aid is topped up. I used finish 3-in-1 tablets for wash. It has become more frequent now, about midway through (don't know exactly how much time into the cycle) it starts constantly beeping and the cycle remains incomplete. P4 works everytime though.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should also let you know that when it starts constantly beeping only the LED of the cycle selected is constantly flashing. I can switch it off and switch it back on - and beeping stops and flashing LED stops as well
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the issue lies with the heater circuit in the machine. If you open the door mid cycle during any cycle, is the water hot and steamy?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is hot and steamy. Every so often it does complete a full cycle though it is rare. Few days back it completed P3 cycle. If its heater circuit wouldn't it affect P4 cycle as well ? P4 cycle always completes
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The P4 cycle is a short cycle (low heat). The relay may be weak and failing under heavier loads. I suspect the main electronic control module will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For the past 2 days, I'be been running the P3 cycle and it has completed both times. Would you still suspect the main electronic control module. Also, is the electronic control module the same as PCB ?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It does sound like the module (PCB) has issues with the intermittent operation.