Jamie_2013
Jamie_2013, Handyman
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 6 years
76126576

I have a wml720 hotpoint.... I have had issues with the door

Customer Question

Hi I have a wml720 hotpoint.... I have had issues with the door lock previously and have replaced it.... Recently it started again and I found that unplugging the door lock and plugging in again resolved the issue. Now however the machine won't start... The lock clicks 6 times then the lock light flashes.... Along with the start/pause button which is slowly flashing orange.... Any clues!?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.

Turn the main selector switch into the Off position.
Press and hold the Super Rinse and Rinse Hold buttons simultaneously while selecting 'H' on the selector knob.
Continue to hold these buttons for at least 5 seconds.
3 of the LEDs will begin to flash.
Now press the Start/Cancel for 2 seconds.
The Rinse Hold led will be lit and the Super Rinse will be flashing.
The Final Spin led may be on or off at this stage.
Briefly press the Rinse Hold button.
The Rinse Hold led will be flashing and the Super Rinse will be lit indicating the last know error mode.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think this is instructions for a different model... Mine has super wash, extra rinse, mini load and reduced creases.... And I don't have an H on the selector knob... Just AB and C then numbers 1 to 13. My machine is a wml730.
Thanks
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.

1. Press the Start/Cancel button until all the console LED's illuminate.
Press both Start/Cancel and On/Off buttons together until d OFF appears.
The default screen returns and you can select a new programme.

2. Simply press the Cancel button and the appliance returns to default.

3. Press On/Off and Start/Cancel together with top left option button until d OF appears.

4. Switch off at mains, press and hold On/Off & Start/Cancel buttons, switch mains back on, keep holding down buttons until Doff appears in display.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There isn't a display on my model.... Where would I see Doff?
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.

Is this an Aquarius?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Aquarius WML730
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.

Ok, given that you have replaced the lock, those 2 lights flashing indicate either the door lock, wiring or main control board is faulty. So you have already replaced the door lock, you need to check that the wiring is not damaged and if that is okay then you need to replace the control board.

We are on the honor system for our work, so please use the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.

I see you have not used the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page. Please take the time to rate me at least a 3 star, Thanks!