Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Just had repair guy in to fix integrated washer /dryer not

Customer Question

Just had repair guy in to fix integrated washer /dryer not spinning.. He drained it and checked front unit which did have a blockage in it..it still didn't spin..the back was not taken off to check belt motors etc..he looked inside and said lifting the drum it was the load bearings..would cost significant amount and better to get a new machine..is that the best solution
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the rear bearing has failed, it and the tub support will need to be replaced and the cost to have such a repair done would not be economical in most cases. If the machine is more than 8 years old, I would not recommend repairing it.