Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Indesit DIF04. The only cycle that completes is the

Customer Question

I have a Indesit DIF04. The only cycle that completes is the rinse. The other 3 cycles stop after the wash tab has been dispensed. There are no flashing lights to indicate a fault. Seems like the heater is not working but I would expect to see flashing lights. Don't want to spend £40+ without being sure it's that.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

A heater problem is the only part that can fail that doesnt always throw up an error code. It can do sometimes but other times it doesnt.

What you need to do is remove the top and the right hand side panel and there you will see the heater cylinder at the bottom. Check the wiring block on there and make sure it hasnt burnt out.

If the wiring is fine then you need to test the heater for contonuity. It should read about 28 Ohms roughly. If faulty then it will need to be replaced.

But if the heater is fine then you need to remove the outer door panel and check the wiring running down the door and see if theres broken wires in there.

But if thats all ok then its going to be a faulty control board here im afraid whcih would need to be replaced.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model is DIF04 a built in unit, no top to remove. Do u want to reconsider access to the heater. It's possible I might be able to access from inside?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Its still the same access. I did know it was built in from the model so dont know why i said remove the top panel.

You cannot access the heater with the dishwasher still under the unit im afraid.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just for your info, access to the heater/pump is through a plastic panel at the bottom, not necessary to remove side panel and don't even need a screwdriver. Graphically explained on YouTube and free.
I'll leave it here as looks like special tool needed to remove clips.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have put it back together again and found it worked. For how long I don't know but it worked at least once.