Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I am having the same problem. No water is coming out of the

Customer Question

Hello. I am having the same problem. No water is coming out of the washing arms. It fills up, heats up and drains fine but no life in the washing arms. I took the re-circulation pump out and tested for continuity with a multi-meter on the only 2 places on the pump you can. The 2 close together pins that come off the what looks like a capacitor (white plastic housing with lots of wound copper wire inside?) and on the top where the 2 larger space connectors are. There is continuity in both places. Does that mean the pump is ok? I also am able to turn the propellers 360 degrees albeit with a slight springy resistance to it if that makes sense. Any ideas why it's still not working?
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The dish washer is a Hotpoint Aquarius FDL570...
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! You will need to test the motor for power when it should be washing. It is either faulty or the main control is not sending power to it. Does the motor hum after it fills?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure how i will be able to get the multi-meter on there when the pump is installed. It looks impossible. Something was humming but i don't think it was the pump. Anyway i've just put it back together and for some strange reason it seems to be working again. Just doing a test wash now....
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

There may have been something stuck inside or a loos connector, at least it is now working!?