Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Hotpoint lft04 dishwasher that has a problem. I can

Customer Question

I have a Hotpoint lft04 dishwasher that has a problem. I can put water in, and it pumps out, but does not fill or do a wash.
Any thoughts please?
Ade
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Is the drain pump running all the time?

If so then its usually down to water leaking in the base that has activated the flood switch in there which then keeps the pump running all the time.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out an lean it 45 degs backwards and this will allow the water to drain out from the base of the dishwasher so you may need a towel for that part.

Once the water is out retry it and see how it goes from there. Fingers crossed that cures it from there.

Try that and see what happens and let me know.

Regards