Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My dish washer Bosch SMV69M60EU/55 is not heating up the

Customer Question

My dish washer Bosch SMV69M60EU/55 is not heating up the water or drying and I get an E09 error - help please?!
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The most common cause of no heat is a poor solder connection on the electronic control at the heater relay. Usually, the connection will be obviously broken as shown in the attached picture. Can you access the back of the electronic control for inspection?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly - I don't know how to access the electronic relay - where is it located and how can I get to it please - my dishwasher is integrated? Thanks Ginny
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It will need to be pulled out and the right side panel removed. The control is mounted in the base of the machine in the right rear corner. You may need to get help pulling it out, they can be difficult to once they have been installed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try and send you some photos over the weekend but the unit is totally enclosed on all sides (not with panels) - only access seems to be though the base and rear!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The service manual is attached, the side panel will come off, see page 150.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly - thank you for the service manual - really helpful - I managed to take out the control relay and it showed absolutely no signs of damage so have replaced it. I have now removed the heat exchanger and this has a blockage so could be the problem - I'm soaking this in a drain blockage liquid (especially for plastic pipes) and will then put water through at high pressure. Do you think this could be the cause of the problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm quite happy to pay you for your assistance but the problem is not fixed yet! I'm now getting a red tap and E14 error code - the water is remaining in the left hand side plastic cavity. I start the cycle - water comes in and then some water pumps out and then the machine starts beeping and stops after a while with the E14 error code.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The blockage in the plastic tank on the side is probably not allowing the water that is entering the machine to be detected. That tank will probably need to be replaced to correct the issue. I apologize for the delayed response. For some reason, I was not notified that you had replied previously. Usually, any customer posts will prevent any activity until a reply from me is made. There must have been a glitch on the say that you replied.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The heat exchanger is totally clear now but I'm still getting an E14 error and red tap, so I've ordered a new heat exchanger and hope this will solve the problem - I think it could also be a fault in the reed switch. I will let you know if this solves the problem - unfortunately the part is quite expensive!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Sounds goods, keep me posted!