Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I'm having a problem with my dishwasher its siemens sd4p1s

Customer Question

hi i'm having a problem with my dishwasher
its siemens sd4p1s and when i turn it on the eco light and time blink all the time .. all the other buttons seem to be non functional
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If you have cleaned all water from the base of the unit, you may have a control issue. Turn the power off at the mains for at least 4 hours. Any change when power is restored?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try this tonight.. In the mean time i ran both p1 and p2 diagnostics and got a 0 as a reply .. No error. Yes i emptied the water opened the front cover to check that everything is dry and have also concluded that its a control problem .. Tbh i already called in a siemens technician as the/your reply came in a bit late but i will give the power a go and if it works i'll cancel the technician thats scheduled for tomorrow monday
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I understand, thank you. You are 7 hours ahead of me, I apologize for the delayed response.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No need to apologize you replied as soon as you could.. I'll give the power a go and let you know have a good evening
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** posted! I appreciate your understanding, you are very kind.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok the 4 hours out of the plug didnt work. It was unplugged 9 hours straight. Any other ideas.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

We can try to reset the control through a manual diagnostics but I doubt it will work. Can you double check and post the complete model number from the tag on the door, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sr25m833eu/07
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Press and hold the START button for about 5 seconds. Does the control respond at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No change ..i had already tried the reset.. Something new came up though.. Today the temp dripped 10 degrees here and i just noticed the snow/frost icon on constantly
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I do believe the main electronic control will need to be replaced. The service manual for your model is available below.