Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Creda gas hob has a push-button igniter - yesterday the

Customer Question

My Creda gas hob has a push-button igniter - yesterday the igniter is constantly clicking. I have cleaned all four igniter poles and thoroughly dried them. Do you have any solutions to suggest, please?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The issue is with the button you press to make them spark. Those contacts are making a connection, either due to a faulty button or water has gotten in there and created a path.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you - and what do I do now ?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Well, if water got into the button, dry it out. If it will not dry out, replace the spark button.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Did water (or other liquid) get into the button?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
water may have got in because it was being cleaned. I will remove the button cap and use a hairdryer to dry it out - if that doesn't work then I will use the hair drier from underneath the hob to try again - is this sensible solution in your view? How straight ford is it to replace the spark button if the above fails - is this a job for the home enthusiast (assuming I can get the part) or is this a job for the professional or is this a new hob !!???
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The button will not likely need to be replaced, they hardly ever fail. They are not difficult to replace, just require a bit of disassembly on some models. Unplug the unit and use the hair dryer and get it good and dry and I suspect you will have no more trouble with it.