UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The issue is with the button you press to make them spark. Those contacts are making a connection, either due to a faulty button or water has gotten in there and created a path.
Well, if water got into the button, dry it out. If it will not dry out, replace the spark button.
Did water (or other liquid) get into the button?
The button will not likely need to be replaced, they hardly ever fail. They are not difficult to replace, just require a bit of disassembly on some models. Unplug the unit and use the hair dryer and get it good and dry and I suspect you will have no more trouble with it.