Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My X an us site jets system 14co has stopped through a cycle

Customer Question

Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Can you post the model number please.

Also are you getting any flashing lights or error codes from it?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a Zanussi jetsystem 14co fjdr1466w the start/ pause button is flashing
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok does this model have a display screen?

If so then lets see what the error code is.

Turn the washer off.

Press and hold the start button and the skip/reset button.

Keep them both held in and turn the washer on.

After a few seconds the lights will flash so let go.

Now press the fabrics button till the 40deg led is lit and now it will show the error code E??

Let me know the code and then turn the washer off then on then back off again.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Code EEO
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok thats not an error code. Is that all that came up when you pressed the fabrics button to the 40 deg light?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is now restarted and bleeping yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's all that came up
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

If its restarting and beeping you need to turn it back off and then on and that will reset it.

But if its playing up like this and there isnt an error code in there then the only thing that can cause this fault is the main control board im afarid.

In this case the control board will need to be replaced and programmed up as with this being a 2003 model the control boards dont come programmed im afraid so you need to do this yourself if you wanted it fixing as the board is about £140 so quite an expensive part for a 12 year old washer.

But given theres no error code then it will be the control board playing up here im afraid. If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Error code now e35
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What does that mean?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok E35 is a water overfill fault.

This is caused by either the pressure switch, pressure hose or the control board.

Remove the top and there on the right hand hand side you will see the pressure switch. It will have a thin hose going to the bottom of it a few wires.

Remove the hose and blow hard down it. Then inspect the hose and check there isnt a holes or splits on there. If so then the hose will need to be replaced.

But if the above doesnt cure it then its either the pressure switch or the control board. Now to be honest its very rare a pressure switch fails on these. Theres no way of testing it as its a case of replacing it but as said its quite rare the pressure switch fails as if the pressure hose is fine then its more then likely the control board itself here.

Regards