Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Hotpoint Aquarius TCM580 condenser dryer. When it

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Hotpoint Aquarius TCM580 condenser dryer. When it is switched on, it makes an intermittent noise. It's very high pitched and sounds like metal squeaking, almost as if the drum turning need to be lubricated. Any ideas on what might be wrong?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

For this noise it will be either the rear bearing at the back or the jockey wheel which the belt run round.

What you need to do is look on the back of the dryer and remove the plastic cover in the middle of the dryer on the back.

Behind there you will see the drum bearing. If this is worn you will need to replace it. If it has worn you will see stright away as there will be loads of black dust in the back cover.

But if the drum bearing is fine then you need to remove the top of the dryer and the right hand side panel.

Then look at the bottom at the motor and you will see a black pulley wheel which the belt runs round.

Check to see if this has worn and if so then this will need to be replaced.

Check them out and see what you find. But for the fault you describe it will be one of the above there.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards