Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a built in SMEG dishwasher. When i try to run a cycle

Customer Question

Hi, I have a built in SMEG dishwasher. When i try to run a cycle it just hums - quite a loud hum, and doesn't go anywhere. I'm thinking that there may be a blockage somewhere - letting the water in? Does that sound feasable?
Thanks Nick
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry that no oneelse has responded to you.

Apologies for my delayin replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?

Please don't rate myanswer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just usethe reply button to contact me.

Can you tell me the model number?

Also, does the hum sound like it could be a pump constantly running?

Does it stop if you open the door?

Does it seem to come from the base?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI RobThanks for your reply. I seem to have sorted it now. I looked online and found people talking about 'flooding' in the base of the machine, so i explored that it there was a lot of water in there. I removed it and the machine seems to work now. But to answer your questions, yes it sounded like the pump was constantly running, stops when the door is opened and was definitely coming from the base (i took the bottom panel off and ran it without the cover).If the leak in the bottom persists, i'll look at all the hoses (although there were no obvious drips coming from them when I got it working), and i'll look at the inlet and drain hoses, if there are such things. I wonder whether there was a blockage that forced water out through a joint which caused the leak in the bottom... I've also used some bicarb of soda and vinegar down through the outlet drain in the bottom of the machine to try and release anything that was there.Thanks
Nick
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi Nick

Yes, it sounds like there may have been a leak

This is my normal advice:

It sounds like themachine has water in the base, where the pumps are.

This sets the floodguard and the discharge pump will run continuously in an effort toprotect the electrics in the base.
Turn off the electric.
Pullmachine forward.
Put towels down behind the machine.
Tiltmachine back at 45 degrees.
Water will come out the back.
Themachine should now be reset.
If this re occurs you have a leak andwill need to find it and rectify it .

Hope that may help in future if it comes back

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate myresponses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which youshould now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not thewebsite or the problems you have had with this machine.
This willnot close your question and you can still come back to me if you needmore help
Thanks
Rob