Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a schreber intergrTed fridge freezer that is

Customer Question

I have a schreber intergrTed fridge freezer that is displaying H and the fridge is warm but the freezer seems fine
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

If the freezer is fine but the fridge isnt then the fault will be in the freezer itself. As all the cooling on these is do in the freezer and the fan in there blows the cold air into the fridge section.

What you need to do is either empty the freezer and remove the back panel.

There you will see the evaporator. If this is covered in ice you need to use a hairdryer and defrost it all.

Once its cleared retry it and that should get the fridge going again.

If you dont want to go removing any panels then you need to turn the appliance off for 24 hours and leave the freezer door open and this will allow the ice to melt itself from there.

See how it goes from there and fingers crossed its a one off that caused it. But if it happens again then theres a fault on either the defrost heater or thermal cut out not doing the automatic defrost itself. If this is the case then you need to access the heater in the freezer wrapped around the evaporator and test it with a multimeter and if faulty then it will need to be replaced.

So try the above and see how it goes. If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards