Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My hotpoint aquarius has ben working fine but today started

Customer Question

my hotpoint aquarius has ben working fine but today started saying the door is not shut when it is
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Can you post the model number please.

Also when the door lock is flashing and you have started the washer does the door actually lock so you cannot open it at all?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Himodel is the WDD740, the machine had completed a wash but wash beeping and indicating door locked and so it wouldn't open, i pressed pause resume a few times while fiddling with the door and it opened.i removed the completed wash and then tried to just get the machine to run a cycle with nothing in it to see if there was a problem and so closed door tried to press start and it immediately beeps that it is not shut and locks it shut so then again if i press pause resume and few times while fiddling quite firmly with the door it releases again but won't actually run a cycle for methanks
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Ok what you need to do is remove the back panel on the washer and remove the motor from the bottom of the drum.

At the back of the motor either side are the carbon brushes. Take them out and see if they have worn down. If so then you need to replace them as worn carbon brushes in the motor can actually cause this fault you have.

But if the carbon brushes are fine then its possibley the door lock itself at fault. For this you need to remove the lock and replace it. Also check the door lock wiring as this can burn on there so if it has the wiring will need to be repaired aswell.

So check them both out as i think for this fault you will find it will be either worn carbon brushes in the motor or a faulty door lock here.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

No worries your very welcome.

Regards