Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a BOsch Exxcel vented tumble dryer. The heating

Customer Question

I have a BOsch Exxcel vented tumble dryer. The heating element has just bee replaced but the filter light keeps coming on and the dryer stopping despite the filter being clear. I ahve cleaned the filter from the front and the back....
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry that no oneelse has responded to you.

Apologies for my delayin replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?

Please don't rate myanswer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just usethe reply button to contact me.

Can you tell me the model number please?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still flashing filter and I've cleaned it completely. Hoe do I find model no?
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

OK

If you open the door, you should see a silver sticker with the model or ENR on it

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
EN: WTV74104GB/01 FD 8610 200634
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

Was the filter light on before you changed the element?

If so, had the element also failed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was.... not sure. Just assumed filter needed cleaning and it was coincide. ... repair man didn't look at filter
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

ok, sorry you need to explain the course of events here, filter, element, repairman??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The filter light starting flashing, filter cleaned. Put dryer back on 2 warning lights assumed filter was clean and the two flashing warning lights were coincidental.... called repair man who came and investigated the 2 warning lights and found element had shorted. New element and all appeared fine. First proper use filter light comes on. Have completely cleaned from front to back but to no avail. Hose on back not very secure thou.... could this be problem?
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

OK, thanks for that

First thing to try is taking the hose off and try running the machine without the hose and see if the lights come back.

If they do, we need the part number of the heating element he fitted as the original will have come with two replacement thermostats

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fault the repair man fixed was "drying" and "anti crease end" lights flashing. I do believe he fixed the heater problem I think this is another issue. I don't have anything that needs drying atm. And need to pit toddler to bed. So I'm afraid this will have to wait for now. Thanks thou. I'll try it later without the hose and see what happens.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

OK, no worries, just let me know when you can