Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My beko DRCT70W is making the right noise but not spinning.

Customer Question

My beko DRCT70W is making the right noise but not spinning. The drum spins by hand but is stiff. Is the motor the problem?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

What you need to do is remove the top of the dryer and from there remove the right hand side panel.

From there look at the bottom and you will see the motor.

There you will see the main belt running round the drum to a small pulley wheel.

Then there will be a small belt going form the pulley wheel to the motor. Check that small belt as to be honest this is usually the part that breaks and stops the drum from turning.

If thats snapped then you need to remove the motor and replace the small belt and that will sort it. Now thats not the easyist belt to replace as the covers and fans are in the wasy so they need to be removed as well as the motor. So if you need anymore info on that just get back to me.

Regards