Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a neff s51e50x0gb dishwasher & the check water supply

Customer Question

I have a neff s51e50x0gb dishwasher & the check water supply light is on. We have checked all filters & pipes but can find no problem. When you start a programme water goes into the dishwasher then drains out & it pips & the check water supply light is on. Can you help?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry that no oneelse has responded to you.

Apologies for my delayin replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?

Please don't rate myanswer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just usethe reply button to contact me.

Try this

Pour water into the macine so its a couple of MM above the filters.

Select any new cycle and tell me, step by step, what happens

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The water comes on, sounds like water is pouring in, then starts pipping and water drains out but there is still water sitting in the filter when you unscrew it at the bottom.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

hi

Im a bit confused, are you sure more water is coming in??

Or is it the drain pump emptying the machine?

There will always be water BELOW the filters, its the water ABOVE the filters we need to worry about.

Can you do it again and tell me the cycle you used and if the water was going in or out and if theres water ABOVE the filters

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I've wiped down the sides of the dishwasher with a towel before starting this time so all dry. Poured water on the bottom a few mm above filter. Pressed start on fast wash cycle, again water (sounds like) comes in, starts popping then drains out. When the pipping stopped I opened the door & the cleaning symbol was lit up and the water had not drained was above the filter top along with the tap light on. Closed the door and it started up draining again. Popping started and stopped so now opened door and the tap light is on along with the end of cycle light. The sides are wet that I had dried earlier and the water has now drained. Any guesses? Thanks rob.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry autocorrect popping is pipping!
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Auto correct, dont you just hate it !!

This is very odd!

Can you try this

Disconect the waste hose where it joins the house waste.

Put the hose into a bucket on top of the machine and try and run a cycle now. Make sure the drain hose is not kinked.

It should start by draining firt for about 45 seconds

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have just done this and it does the same, drains then water goes in, pipping starts & water then drains all out, there's quite a lot of water too so don't think it has trouble going in. Pipping stops - I didn't open it this time, pump starts & stops a few times then drains the last little bit out. Pips again & tap & end of cycle light comes on.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

OK, I am afraid that I think you are going to have to get a hands on diagnosis of this. Its behaving very strangely and I am not at all sure what is happening without actually seeing it, sorry!

Rob