Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

AEG Favorit d/washer just keeps trying to take in water PNC

Customer Question

Hi I am Mike
My AEG Favorit d/washer just keeps trying to take in water
PNC 911 234 726
How do I re-set the m/c
Thanks - Mike
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Are you getting any flashing lights from the end of cycle?

If so then count the number of flashes from it inbetween the pause and let me know.

Also when you say it wont stop taking in water is it leaking out from the door?

If you open the door how high is the water level?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi DanielI did reply - but you did not reply to me. I am feeling unhappy that "just Answer" have taken 2 charges from my c/card - but I have received nothing in return.....Let us think positive and try again:The dishwasher seems to be caught in mid-cycle - perhaps I have misunderstood the problem - it is making a pumping noise, so this may be the machine trying to "empty". At this stage there is no water in the machine.When "just Answer" helped me a couple of years ago - the technician suggested that I reset the washing m/c by holding down various buttons at the same time. A bit like: "ctrl-Alt-del" on a PC.Are you able to help me with that instruction?Many thanksMike
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

As to your reply not sure if you did it on this thread or not but nothing has come up as if you scroll up you can see the conversation there and theres nothing after mine so not sure what has happened there.

As to the charges you need to email customer services from your home as only they can help you on the money side as i just answer the questions.

Anyway as to the fault if its the pump that running all the time then its usually water has leaked into the base and has activated the flood switch in there.

What you need to do is either pull the dishwasher out from under the unit and lean it 45 degs backwards and the water will drain out from there.

Or if you cannot remove it yet then remove the outer wooden door panel.

Then remove the wooden plythen at the bottom of the kitchen.

Then you will see a metal cover at the bottom below the door.

Remove this and make sure its unplugged and then use a sponge and soak any water up from the base.

Then once thats all cleared the control board will reset itself so then retry a wash cycle and see how it goes from there.

Let me know what happens.

Regards