Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

New smeg dwa315x dishwasher door won't close. There is

Customer Question

New smeg dwa315x dishwasher door won't close . There is nothing obstructing the door can you help
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the door will not get to the latching point and there are no obstructions, the hinges may have been damaged during installation. If you open the door all the way, does it slope down or lay flat? If it closes but will not latch, the latch may be locked or broken. Does it close and just not latch?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Door lays flat , does not get close enough to latch ,worked fine for first week and then door would not shut
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Are you able to pull it out to get a look at the hinges to see if they are hitting on something on the cabinet?