Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a zanussi fjs 1425 and the drum will not spin. The

Customer Question

Hi. I have a zanussi fjs 1425 and the drum will not spin. The belt is intact and I have replaced the carbon brushes. The machine fills as normal, but when it gets to the point when the drum needs to turn nothing happens.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

If the motor isnt turning at all and the carbon brushes are fine then check the wiring block that goes to the motor. Give the wires a tug there were it enters the block.

If thats fine then its either the motor itself or control board. You need to remove the top and there you will see the control board.

Release this from the cabinet and remove the back cover and see if its blown from there.

But to be honest with you both the motor and the control boards are very expensive on these As you are looking at about the £150 mark for each.

But if the control board looks ok and you have a multi meter then you can test the motor. If you are able to do this let me know and i can upload the details for you on how to test the motor.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards