Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

When I turn machine on the water starts to fill an doesn't

Customer Question

When I turn machine on the water starts to fill an doesn't stop...never goes to next step. I can stop it, move to spin and get it yo drain...dryer works too.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! You have a pressure switch that is not working or the hose to the pressure switch is plugged.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
AWD 120
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an additional problem....my machine is in the kitchen under a granite counter and framed in....don't know how to get to the back of the machine.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

That will be a problem because you will need to get the top off of the machine to access the pressure switch. It sounds like you may have a bit of a project ahead of you....

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh great.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Then you won't be able to help me?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Well, I have told you what is wrong with the machine. Once the top is off, you will see the pressure switch mounted at the top. It will have a very small hose attached to it. Remove that hose and blow through it (the hose). If air easily passes, replace that pressure switch. I would love to help you get the machine out. However, I am in Montana in the US, so the trip charge would be horrendous! :-)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Funny
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks anyway
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I'll have to call a repairman. Thanks for trying. Bye
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!