Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My hotpoint dishwasher FDL570 stopped on a drying cycle and

Customer Question

Hi my hotpoint dishwasher FDL570 stopped on a drying cycle and kept on draining with the light flashing now after every time power is on the red led next to a cross is on and the green led for start/pause is flashing every time we start a new cycle it stops at drying mode and less flash?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry that no oneelse has responded to you.

Apologies for my delayin replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?

Please don't rate myanswer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just usethe reply button to contact me.

Can you start a new cycle and when its about to empty the washing water, open the door and tell me if the water is hot?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rob I run the cycle and it washes for a bit but stops on drying all the time since it stopped on this a few days ago. When it stops the orange LED flashes aswell as the green LED on start/pause button and the dishwasher gets stuck with constant sound of the system draining but no water is in the bottom. The water that I can see on the plates is cold though. I have checked and the pipes don't seem to be blocked. I have turned power off and on and then randomly it will turn itself on making the same noise with the same lights flashing. Any ideas?
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

OK

When its making the constant draining noise, turn off the power and lean the machine back then.

Does water come out the back?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried tipping the machine on its near back and no water is coming out?
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Did you do this immediately it kept making the draining noise, like i suggested?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tilted the machine to near on its back whilst it was making the drainage noise and cannot see any water the noise lasts for quite a while?
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thanks

This is a bit odd as you are descibing two seperate issues.

We need to chek the heater.

For this you will need a multimeter. Test the elemnt itself. If its open circuit you will need to replace it

Let me know what you find.

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate myresponses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which youshould now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not thewebsite or the problems you have had with this machine.
This willnot close your question and you can still come back to me if you needmore help
Thanks
Rob