Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a hotpoint aquarius+ WMF720 I have taken off the old

Customer Question

i have a hotpoint aquarius+ WMF720 I have taken off the old door seal but am having real problems replacing.. the front doesnt come off so access seams impossible
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question, Do you still need help on this?

Have you removed the seal yet?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have taken the old seal off but having big problems putting new one on.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Ok not the easyist things to fit because as you have seen the front panel of this model doesnt come off.

How we fit them it pull the washer out and lean it backwards against a wall. As this causes the drum to drop backwards so gives a bit more room in there.

Then you need to fit the seal from the door hole.

You will see a lip around the seal. This lips onto the drum and then once you have the top part on the rest will start to go on easyer from there.

Once the seal is on you then need to streach the spring clamp around the seal.

Get a screwdriver and insert it through the door lock hole.

Then hook the spring around there and either hold it with your knee or get someone to hold for you.

Then you can streach it round the seal from there.

These are a bit trickey to fit but they are one of the easyer makes to fit seals like this as if you lean it backwards it gives a bit more room to work in.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did exactly what you said and all that happened was the spring stretched but did not recoil. Spring now no use.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've had enough. This model is a pain in the derier. Getting rid. Off to Currys in the morning. Thanks for your help, but as they say "patience is a virtue" unfortunately that is something I lack.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok so have you got the seal on?

If so then if using the screwdriver wont work then you will need another pair of hands of this.

Remove the top of the washer and place the spring on the top of the seal and then get someone to hold for you and then you can strech it round the seal.

If you still cannot get it on then maybe worth getting someone in as there no parts so its just labour which can be roughly £40-50 so alot cheaper then a new washer for the sake of the seal.

Regards