Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a DW2677 dishwasher. It is 'stuck' on rinse. The only

Customer Question

I have a DW2677 dishwasher.
It is 'stuck' on rinse. The only light that will light up is 'rinse'. It won't switch to the other two.
It'll turn on an off lovely. It rinses beautifully!
But I can't get the switching button to switch it to the other two settings.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

When it does this is the start light flashing?

If so then count the number of flashes from it inbetween the pause and let me know.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, upon powering up (pressing the "I" button as opposed to the "O" button the green light under 'rinse' comes on.Then the ONLY thing you can do, other than power off, is press 'start'. This light comes on and will only go off if yiu let the machine do a rinse cycle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Normally you can switch between rinse, 50C and 65C, but this option no longer works. The button to switch cycles (next to the on button) still presses and clicks but it doesn't make the lights indicating which cycle to change.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any more ideas?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

If the start light isnt flashing then its not reporting an error code. So if the rinse cycle works but you cannot change the cycle over to the next then the user control board will be the fault here im afraid.

This is the only thing that will cause this fault were you cannot change the cycle. So in order to fix this you will need to remove the outer door panel and then the plastic control panel.

From there you can access the user control board from there. Then you can replace it and then you can select which ever cycle you need to from there.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I access it? There are several cross head screws on either side inside. If I undo those, presumably the control panel can be accessed?
Will it deffo need a new panel without even opening it up? Even if I do open it up how might I know it's broken? I might as well get one!Where from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the User Control Board?Is it the whole of the rectangular box?Or will part of it need replacing?Where might I get it? Has it a part number?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I was away over the weekend.

As to the user control board this is the part that you press to select the cycle. The picture you have sent is the rinse aid dispenser which you put your tablet in.

As you have removed the metal outer door you need to remove the plastic control panel above and the use board is behind there. You cannot miss it as its the actually part you press to select the cycle.

The part number for it is 481221838066

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've ordered one from PartMaster. Thank you.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Your very welcome.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm still waiting for the part to be delivered.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

No worries thats fine.