Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My aeg favorit dishwasher isn't working. It runs 5 minutes,

Customer Question

Hi. My aeg favorit dishwasher isn't working. It runs for about 5 minutes, then stops and repeatedly beeps twice. I've had problems with the anti-flood before (3 beeps) but this is different. Any ideas? Cheers, Nick
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

2 beeps is a time out draining fault.

So the things to check for this is the waste hose and were it drains to.

The drain pump itself.

Or if the dishwasher is draining but still giving the 2 beeps then you need to check the pressure switch and the pressure hose. To access them you need to remove the right hand side panel and there you will see the pressure switch at the bottom. Remove the hose and blow hard through it.

But if its stopping full of water then you need to access the pump at the bottom on the front toward the far right and remove and check its not blocked up.

But thats what he 2 beeps are its a draining error code. If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There doesn't seem to be a right-hand panel to remove - I'd already tried removing the inspection panel at the base of the machine, but didn't really know what I was doing! Fortunately the machine has started working again on its own, god knows why. Thanks for your time anyway. Nick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Haha argh - it's happening again. The unit appears to be draining. I can't see a panel on the right hand side - any idea where else the pressure hose might be? Thanks
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

The right hand side panel is the complete side panel on the dishwasher. You need to pull the dishwasher out and you will see a metal side panel on both sides. It's the right hand side one you need to remove. There will be screws at the back and along the front of the panel. So with that removed you can then access the pressure switch in the bottom left side of the dishwasher when looking at it from the right hand side. Regards