Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Rob I have a whirlpool FCSM6 built in oven.bthe grill is

Customer Question

Hi Rob
I have a whirlpool FCSM6 built in oven.bthe grill is working, however the oven has stopped heating. Control panel and all other buttons working ok.
I thought it may be heating element, so I was going to order a new one from Espares and fit myself.
My dad said this was crazy as I am not an electrician and could cause a fire.
I watched a short video and it looks like just a few steps. As long as power is off, should this be ok to do or is it a fire hazard if I get it wrong?
Also is there just one element in this type of oven?
Thanks
Diy novice
Lorraine
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry that no oneelse has responded to you.

Apologies for my delayin replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?

Please don't rate myanswer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just usethe reply button to contact me.

Hi Lorraine

If you can use a screwdriver and have some basic DIY skills, you should be good to do this.

When you select the oven setting, do you hear the fan in the back of the oven, run?

If yes, there is no heat, correct?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no heat but fan is on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The metal grids on inside oven that the shelves slide into. Do you need to remove them to get to the backplate and element?
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi

No, you shouldnt need to remove these.

Isolate from thepower.
Remove the back panel inside the oven.
You will see thefan and the element.
Remove the retaining screws/bolts.
Carefullypull forward the element and the wiring.
Remove the wiring.
Youmay see damage to the element.
If you have a meter, check it forcontinuity, if its open circuit you will need to replace it.

Let me know if you need a link to the part.

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate myresponses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which youshould now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not thewebsite or the problems you have had with this machine.
This willnot close your question and you can still come back to me if you needmore help
Thanks
Rob