Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Miele G 646 SC dishwasher. When I start a

Customer Question

I have a Miele G 646 SC dishwasher. When I start a programme, it stops only a short way in with the inlet/outlet light flashing. The appliance fills with water, so its not the inlet. It could be the outlet but I'm not convinced its getting to that stage of the programme - it stops only about 5 minutes in.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry that no oneelse has responded to you.

Apologies for my delayin replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?

Please don't rate myanswer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just usethe reply button to contact me.

Does it stop with water above the filters?

Is there water above the filters now?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rob,
The whole of the bottom of the dishwahser fills - up to the bottom of the door. You can hear it start the wash - the water spashing about as the arms spin around. But it only does this for a few seconds. I then stops for a minute or two and then has another go. It does this 2 or 3 times before it stops with the inlet/outlet flashing.
I have tried various programmes with the machine completely empty.Many Thanks,Robin
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Try this

Put the waste hose into a bucket on the top of the machine.

Start a new cycle. It should pump out the water for about 45 seconds. It should stop. Then fill, then stop, then wash.

Let me know

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, so we've not had it switched on since last night. The first time I tried this, it pumped out water. But it then filled with water, stopped, washed for about 5 seconds, stopped for about 20 seconds, washed for 5 seconds, stopped for 20, washed for 5 then stopped with the inlet/outlet light flashing.
All attempts to reproduce this behaviour have failed. It doesn't empty first but seems to just try and carry on from where it stopped and each time does the wash, stop, wash, stop behaviour before finally stopping with the flashing light.So, inlet seems to work. So does drain pump - as it drained that first time.My guess would be some controller board or something....Robin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found this ....
http://my.justanswer.com/question/guest/f0ab9c894413433693a33162ed1742dc
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Ok, so can you try my suggestion?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI Rob,I did ... hence the 'The first time I tried this' in my previous post
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

ahhh, im sorry. I mis understood.

Under these circumstances I think you are correct there is a problem with the main board

Unfortunately these boards are prohibitively expensive, and I would say that normally you are better advised to put this money towards a new machine rather than a repair

Sorry its not good news, please dont shoot the messenger

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate myresponses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which youshould now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not thewebsite or the problems you have had with this machine.
This willnot close your question and you can still come back to me if you needmore help
Thanks
Rob