Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a hot point model number side by side CSX20BABK.

Customer Question

I have a hot point model number side by side CSX20BABK . There is an indicator on the back wall that gives you numbers for making it colder or warmer.. I cannot figure out which way you go in numbers to make it run cooler. As the the soda & beer in there is never cold enough for me. Thus I have to constantly put the items in the Freezer portion.
Please help
Richard Givens Rancho Cordova, Ca
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The higher the number, the colder the temperature. However, the control on the left, that just controls the air flow between the compartments. So, you want that one low, like on 1 or 2, so the damper is open. The control on the right is the thermostat, turn it to a higher number for colder.