Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Belling 600xbl cooker and am looking spare part.

Customer Question

Hello. I have a Belling 600xbl cooker and am looking for a spare part. It's a socket for the top oven/grill hinge to fit into. It fits into the cooker and the arm of the door hinge slides in. It has two screw holes. Can you help please? I can send a photo if that would help.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The part you need is showing as no longer available. You will have to locate a used one. See the URL below for details....
http://www.bellingspares.co.uk/format-600xbl/hinge/catalogue.pl?path=600217&model_ref=2833145&refine=hinge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly. Thanks for your help with this. Before consulting you I did some research and came up with the same answer. In fact I managed to source the part in question. What has confused me is that it looks nothing like the part that came off my cooker! Here is a photo of both:
Do you know if one is supposed to be a replacement for the other? If so, how do you fit it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is the part from a different angle, the part in situ on the cooker and the part on the door that fits into it.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Those are two separate parts. The bakelite one is the guide, the metal one the receptacle. Both are showing as no longer available.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I'm still confused: the part that's broken is made of metal. Can you tell me the official name and/or part number please? I understand that it is discontinued but might be able to source it thru eBay, as I did the other part.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, it looks like bakelite in the picture. The one that is showing for your model does not look like yours but is below.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is similar, but it's not the same. I don't think I gave you a good enough pic to work from. I'll upload some more photos from different angles.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

That is the only one shown for your model. Are you certain the model you provided is correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are more photos of the part. Yes, that's definitely the model number on the cooker. I'll send a pic of the label in a minute. I wonder if their records are wrong?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here's a shot of the label
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I have an email in to research to see if I can get a verification on that part. I am going to open your question back up so others can see it while I wait in case another has that information readily available.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cool. Thank you, Kelly.