Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Have fitted the door as per instructions,but door will not

Customer Question

Have fitted the door as per instructions,but door will not open fully as the bottom of the door is catching the bottom of the dishwasher
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry that no oneelse has responded to you.

Apologies for my delayin replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?

Please don't rate myanswer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just usethe reply button to contact me.

Can you tell me the make and model?

Also, is this a new dishwasher and is it a decor door you are trying to fit?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rob
It's a CDA CW 497 dishwasher and iam trying to fit a decor door on to it.
I have got the door on the machine as per instructions,but when I open the dishwasher the bottom of the decor door is not clearing the bottom of the dishwasher(the recess at goes in) it's a good 5/6 cm short of clearing
The decor door is flush with the other units,so is in the correct position.iam puzzled,hope you can help
Thanks Brian
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi Brian

where did you get the decor door and is it the correct size as per the installation instructions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The door matches the other units in the kitchen and is the correct size to fit the dishwasher.when fixed with the plastic fixing brackets it sits perfectly on the front of the dishwasher.when opened it passes the plinth under the units but is catching on the bottom of the dishwasher.
The decor door cannot get fitted any higher as it sits nicely at the top of the unit under the worktop
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Ihave put a call out for the schematics of this machine

WhileIm waiting Ill opt out.

Thismeans that if someone else has this information, they will respond toyou directly.

Inthe meantime, please DO NOT rate or respond to this question, as thiswill lock your question

Thanks

Rob