Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My mum's Bosch Maxx plus is beginning to leak at the end of

Customer Question

Hi my mum's Bosch Maxx plus is beginning to leak at the end of the spin cycle. The serial cycle is E-NR WF02260GB/01 FD8106602384. I was wondering how old the machine is and whether we should try to fix it or not.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Based on the FD number you posted the washer was made in June 2001 so is 14 years old now.

As to the leak if its only doing it at the end then the first thing to check is the waste hose and were it drains to. If it goes into a stand pipe then check it isnt blocked and leaking from there.

But if the waste pipe is fine then its possibley the drain pump at fault. But Bosch parts are quite expensive to repair as a pump fitted is about £80 roughly.

So if you want to fix this you need to check the pump. Pull the washer out and remove the back panel.

From there you can see the working under there. Shine a tourch in there when its washing and spinning and see if you can see the water leak.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards