Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a ariston arxf125ausc front loader when i close the

Customer Question

i have a ariston arxf125ausc front loader when i close the door and activate the cycle it makes clicking sound and then flashes door open but door closed
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

If the door locks and the light is flashing and the washer wont start then this is a classic sign the carbon brushes in the motor have worn.

What you need to do is pull the washer out and lean it backwards against a wall and have someone hold for you.

Then lie down and look under the washer. There you will see the back on the motor.

There either side are the carbon brushes in the plastic holders. You need to remove them and see if they have worn. If so then you need to replace them and this will sort the fault from there.

This is a classic fault on these washers so check them and see what you find but im pretty sure its going to be worn carbon brushes here.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards