Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Beko WMB 71442 s, yesterday I noticed the machine

Customer Question

Hi I have a Beko WMB 71442 s, yesterday I noticed the machine wasn't draining, I checked the filter and removed a load of my wife's hair clips, but the water still isn't draining.
Looking through previous posts I run the the same process but noticed the X piece within the filter doesn't move when I turn the washing machine on a spin. Do I need to get an engineer out?
Thanks in advance
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

If the X piece isnt spinning then check theres nothing caught up in there as a hair clip can pass through the filter and jam up the impeller and stops it from turning.

So remove the filter again look into the impeller which is the X piece and check theres nothing stuck in there. Try and turn the impeller with a screwdriver and it should ping round in stages.

But if thats all clear and the impeller is turning when you use a screwdriver but not when set to the spin then its more then likely the pump at fault.

As to having to get an engineer out then this depends on your diy skills. As to replace the pump all you need to do is pull the washer out and lean it backwards against a wall.

Remove the few screws holding the pump on and then it will drop down.

Remove the spring clamps holding the hose on with a pair of pliers and then you can swap the pump over from there.

But if you need to get an engineer in then you are looking at about £70 roughly for the repair.

Regards