Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

What does 6 flashes mean? Same problem, followed the advice

Customer Question

Hi. What does 6 flashes mean? Same problem, followed the advice above, and get 6 flashes. Thanks. Lee.
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a Whirlpool ADP 5406 dishwasher. I followed the advice on the test cycle and was left with the 6 flashes before the pause
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! That is a water inlet error. So, you either have water valve failure or the sensor cannot see the water filling. Does water enter the machine when started?

F6. 6 Flashes. Water valve (WV1) is switched on but flow meter (FM) senses no impulses (less than 10 impulses in 10 secs) and the water indicator (WI) is at a low level.
Water Valve Closed.

Water inlet hose blocked.
Water inlet valve (WV1) defective.

Flow meter (FM) defective (leads to FM failure)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
When I run the test cycle now it has 7 flashes. The 6 flashes is when I try and start the dishwasher as normal? Is it possible to get 2 error codes?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Well, they are both kind of related. The F7 error means that the flow meter has failed. So, if it begins to fill, replace the flow meter. If it does not fill at all, replace the valve. Or, replace them both.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome, thank you!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!