Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Owner of the neff t2646n1gb ceramic gas hob here. It no

Customer Question

Owner of the neff t2646n1gb ceramic gas hob here.
It no longer ignites.
Have checked power and gas. Former is good as other buttons on hob light up when activated. Latter also works.
Am guessing it's the ignition transformer or ignition switch but how do i check? What else could it be? (question 1)
I know how to switch off gas and electricity and have removed entire unit from it's resting place on kitchen top - but how to open (question 2)? Have removed all screws from top of unit but top of hob doesn't come off even when gently pulled.
Also, how do i check what the problem is (question 3) - i have a voltometer on standby
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry that no oneelse has responded to you.

Apologies for my delayin replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?

Please don't rate myanswer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just usethe reply button to contact me.

I have the drawings for this which I can upload if you still need them

This has 4 seperate switches to activate the spark modue, the chances they have all failed at once is remote.

More likely to be a bad spark generaor. Its also possible that the wiring is damaged.

Once you have the hob out, and the screws removed, the glass top should lift off. Remember though it will be stuck after years of use .

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate myresponses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which youshould now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not thewebsite or the problems you have had with this machine.
This willnot close your question and you can still come back to me if you needmore help
Thanks
Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Replied earlier but it doesn't seem to be showing here.
Am still needing help. Have stripped it down and got the ignition transformer - how do i check if it's this?
Not sure if I am suppoed to rate or not rate as there's conflicting info
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Sorry, I only just got this message, you should see it above.

There is no real way of testing the spark generator without specialist equipment.

However, as long as all the wiring is in good condition and not earthing out in the bottom of the hob, this is the problem.

Its easy to swap over, just replace one wire at a time

Parts are available direct from Neff.

Can I ak you to rate now, as this is the only way I get credit for spending my time helping you with this.

This will NOT close your question and you can still come back to me if you need to

Thanks

Rob