Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Nextra washing machine, not locking, was working if slammed

Customer Question

Nextra washing machine, not locking, was working if slammed but now nothing. Was wonder if the lock mechanism on the machine is the fault as the door side seems okay? Any advice gratefully received. Thanks
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
If you hade to slam the door to get it to start but now its not staring then yes its more then likely the door lock at fault as this is the kind of fault the door lock causes.
If you have a multi meter you can test the lock from there. Remove the wiring block and you will see 3 tags. Test between all 3 and you hould get a reading between 2 of the tags. If you dont then the lock is faulty and will need to be replaced from there.
Regards