Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

The other day when I came home my Candy CDI 1022 was

Customer Question

The other day when I came home my Candy CDI 1022 was constantly bleeping after I set it before I went out in the morning. Now it won't work at all.
I have pressed the reset button but it just won't start a cycle, it drains then doesn't do anything eles. Then I have to reset it Again to try afain as it gets stuck with the ligh on the last program.
Hope you can help
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Are you getting any lights on the program lights flashing?
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After I reset it all four lights flash and it bleeps 3 times. Then program 1 flashes.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Ok when it drains does it just carry on draining when the ligths are flashing?
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lights only flash when door is open and I've reset it.
It drains then fills up again and nothing. Then when iBook. The door the light is stuck on that program and pressing button does nothing, so have to reset.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok so once its filled with water if you listen very carefully at the bottom do you hear a slight humming noise from it?
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Ok the humming noise will be the wash motor trying to run. So that will be why it fills and seems like its stops as the wash motor isnt kicking in.
Now this can be either the motor itself (more likely) or the capacitor as the capacitor gives the motor the boost it needs to start washing.
To check this out you need to pull the dishwasher out and remove both panels. From there locate the wash motor underneath the dishwasher and see if theres any signs or water leaking from it. If it looks ok then look at the back of the motor and inthe casing at the back is the impeller fan. Poke a screwdriver in there and see if it will turn. If it doesnt or is very stiff then the motor is faulty and will need to be replaced.
If it looks ok then bolted to the side of the motor is the capacitor. Its either a white or sliver cylinder with a few wires on there. You can try and replace this first and see if it cure it as they are not that expensive. If it does then great. But if it doesnt then the wash motor is going to be the fault here and will need to be replaced if you wanted it fixing.
Regards