Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Whirlpool s20drbb32-a/g defrost thermostat I have tested

Customer Question

whirlpool s20drbb32-a/g defrost thermostat
Hi I have tested both the defrost thermostat and heater, I'm getting 80+ohms on heater. And also a readable resistance on thermostat. Coils are freezing stopping airflow. Any ideas... Thanks
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
If the evaporator is iceing up to much and its not going into defrost mode and the heater and defrost thermostat are fine then its going to be the control board at fault here.
As 80 Ohms for the heater is correct. So if its not defrosting then its going to be the main control board at the back. If you remove the metal cover on the back you will see the main board on the far right hand side. You will need to replace this and that will sort it out. As its more then likely a fault heater relay in there causing this as ive replaced loads of control boards for a defrost fault so its not uncommon for them to fail with this fault.
Regards