Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Re Beko CGA966S fridge/freezer there's not much info on

Customer Question

Hi, Re Beko CGA966S fridge/freezer there's not much info on troubleshooting in the manual. Power supply is working but no noise from compressor. Could it be thermostat? Other causes? Steven
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
I take it theres no cooling at all in the fridge or freezer?
Is the compressor hot to touch?
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no cooling in eithercompressor cold
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Ok thats fine.
As its not running then its either the thermostat or the compressor at fault.
To check this you need to remove the thermostat housing inside the fridge at the top. Theres a small white cap towards the front. Pop this out and theres a screw in there. Remove this and the hosuing will drop down.
There you will see the thermostat. You need a multi meter to test this. You need to test between tags 3 and 4 and see if theres contonuity. If there isnt then the thermostat is the fault here and will need to be replaced.
But if the thermostat tests ok then the compressor at the back is the issue which isnt worth fixing as a compressor is about £250 fitted.
So check the thermostat first and see what you find as i think you will find this is more then likely the issue here.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.I'll test the thermostat.If I need any more input are you around tomorrow? If so what time(s)?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Yes i will be back on line in the evening tomorrow. But if you replie back here i will get the email on my mobile so will try and respond back to you as soon as possible.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No continuity so I'm tracking down a new thermo and will let you know what happens when I fit the replacement.Thanks again
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Ok you have a faulty thermostat so the new one will sort this out.
If you are looking for the thermostat then copy and paste the link below for it.
http://www.bekospares.co.uk/fridge-freezer/cga966s-6062463982/thermostat/product.pl?pid=1745482&path=110911&model_ref=48962
Regards