Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My fridge freezer has stopped making ice... Water feed pipe

Customer Question

My fridge freezer has stopped making ice... Water feed pipe appears to be frozen. Freezer is set at minus 18 and has been for past 8 years.....
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry that no one else has responded to you.

Apologies for my delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

Can you tell me the make and model please?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to "unfreeze" the water inlet pipe to ice maker and this helped as its now making ice. Is there any way to prevent the pipe freezing or an easy way to defrost it other than poking at ice with a screwdriver? Thanks
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi

You should never attack this with a screwdriver or a knife, even though it is very temting!!

The problem is that if you slip (on slippery ice), you will puncture the tubing and render the fridge useless and beyond economic repair.

Glad to hear its now making ice.

As for defrosting, the best way is to allow it to thaw naturally. If time is paramount, use a hair dryer to gently warm the pipes

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate myresponses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which youshould now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not thewebsite or the problems you have had with this machine.
This willnot close your question and you can still come back to me if you needmore help
Thanks
Rob