Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Samsung RSH1DBBP which has stopped cooling on both

Customer Question

Hi I have a Samsung RSH1DBBP which has stopped cooling on both sides. It has power to the display and I have just removed the back cover at the bottom and I can see the fan Is working but there is a clicking sound coming from that area every minute or so!! Any ideas??
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Is the clicking noise comming from the compressor which is the black pot near the fan?
Is the compressor hot to touch?
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel, yes I believe the clicking is coming from the compressor and yes it is hot to touch.
Many thanks,
Darren.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Ok I'm afraid this isn't good news. What you will find here is the compressor has failed. The motor inside it will have jammed so the clicking noise is the relay clicking off because the compressor isn't running.
For this you need to get a fridge engineer in as this isn't a diy repair as they need to cut the old one off and fit the new one and gas it up. But this isn't going to be a cheap fix. You are looking at about £300 roughly for a compressor fitted so at that price it's something to think about.
Sorry it's not good news but this is a faulty compressor here which you have.
If you need anymore info just get back me.
Regards