Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

We have machine SGV53E03GB/50. It has no light display on

Customer Question

We have machine SGV53E03GB/50. It has no light display on controls, and the machine constantly tries to drain (it is draining but not perfectly). We have emptied it out and it made no difference. We have now removed the control panel, and one of four components marked either 169, or 681 has burnt out. Can you cast any light on what this part is and what it does? And if we manage to obtain and solder a new one in will this rectify the problem. Or do you think there is something else that has caused this? Many thanks
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry that no one else has responded to you.

Apologies for my delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

Was the pump running all the time?

What about if you opened the door?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The pump was running all the time. It continued running when the door was opened. We now know that the burnt out resistor is a surface mounted 681. We can replace this, but am concerned it may have burnt out because there is another underlying problem.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi

I am not convinced that the resistor is the issue here, sorry.

Try this first

It sounds like the machine has water in the base, where the pumps are.

This sets the flood guard and the discharge pump will run continuously in an effort to protect the electrics in the base.
Turn off the electric.
Pull machine forward.
Put towels down behind the machine.
Tilt machine back at 45 degrees.
Water will come out the back.
The machine should now be reset.
If this re occurs you have a leak and will need to find it and rectify it .

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Thanks
Rob