Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a hotpoint WMD 942 8kg Ultima washing machine thats

Customer Question

Hi i have a hotpoint WMD 942 8kg Ultima washing machine thats showing a F05 error code and not spinning or draining. Ive tried the solutions on the troubleshooting page in the manual but with no success, any suggestions?? thanx
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Sorry for the delay in getting to your question. Do you still need help on this?
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Ok as you have found out F05 is a draining error code.
What you need to do is remove the plastic trim on front at the bottom and behind there on the right is the filter. You need to get a shallow tray under the filter and slacken it and slowerly drain the water out from there.
Once the water is out you need to then fully remove the filter and give it a good clean out. Then look inside the chamber were the filter goes and there at the back is the pump impeller X shape. Check theres nothing stuck in there jamming the impeller up as the pump impeller should ping round in stages.
Once thats all clear retry the washer and fingers crossed thats sorted it.
Also check the drain hose and were it drains to. If it goes under a sink then remove the spigot it pushes onto and check theres nothing blocked in there aswell.
Try the above and see how it goes as fingers crossed its just a blockage in there. But if there isnt anything blocked in there then its possibley the pump itself at fault which will need to be replaced.
Regards