Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Miele novatronic premier 520, softener will not flow out of

Customer Question

Miele novatronic premier 520, softener will not flow out of dispensing drawer during cycle
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry that no one else has responded to you.

Apologies for my delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

What is lefy in the drawer?

Undiluted conditioner, or virtually plain water?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Undiluted softener
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thanks
Its one of two things so try both.
Remove the soapbox drawer, look up into the roof of the box. Above the conditioner compartment is a series of holes. Using a needle clean out all of these holes. Use an old toothbrush to clean the roof if its dirty.
The liquid stays in the drawer until the right time in the cycle. Then , water comes through these holes and fills the compartment. It overflows through the syphon tube, in the drawer, and empties. There are two types of syphon fitted. The first is a tube at the back of the conditioner compartment. Remove it and thoroughly clean this and the drawer. Refit the tube and make sure it is firmly pushed down. The other type of syphon is a lid that fits on the conditioner compartment. If you have this type, lift off the lid and you will see the syphon tube. Make sure this and the lid are thoroughly clean. It must all be scrupulously clean, otherwise it will not work. Refit lid and make sure its snapped down. refit drawer. Job done.
Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Thanks
Rob