Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a samsung RSH1DBMH and have the problem described in

Customer Question

Hi I have a samsung RSH1DBMH and have the problem described in this post (http://www.justanswer.com/uk-appliance/591f7-fridge-part-samsung-amercian-fridge-freezer-rsh1dbmh.html)
However, the heater/evaporator is now tripping the power at the mains breaker. I called a service guy and he advised me to isolate the heater (unplug it) and try turning the fridge back on and it turns back on. So it seems I have a dodgy heater in the fridge compartment.
At the bottom of the link i've pasted the technician says "if you want to repair it yourself, let me know".
I think I am able to do this, I'm pretty sure this is the part I need (https://www.partmaster.co.uk/samsung/rsh1dbmh-rsh1dbmh1xeu/fridge-evaporator/product.pl?pid=1602013&path=67607,111066:67610&model_ref=259678) but I was wondering if there are any instructions you could provide to help me with the repair?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The heater is part of the evaporator assembly as you have found with the part link you provided. You will need to evacuate the refrigerant to replace the evaporator and solder the new one in place, replace the filter drier, suction the sealed system into a deep vacuum and then recharge the refrigerant. This is not something you will be able to do. You will need to have it professionally repaired.