Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a hoover optima washing machine with an E01 error -

Customer Question

i have a hoover optima washing machine with an E01 error - ive replaced the door lock but still have the same error - please can you help?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
E01 error code means door not locking. This can be either the lock itself, the wiring to the lock or the main control board.
As you have replaced the door lock already then you can rule that out. Check the wiring to the lock and make sure its not burnt out.
But if the wiring is fine as well then im afraid all you are left with is the control board here. In this case the board will need to be replaced to cure this fault here.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Regards