Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Ignis dishwaher, ran an egineer test, get five flashes with

Customer Question

ignis dishwaher,
ran an egineer test, get five flashes with an intermittent bleep, what does this mean?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer
5 flashes on this is a wash motor fault. Ive seen it many times on these.
What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and lay it on its left side and remove the base.
From there you will see the wash motor at the back. Take this off and just see if theres anything stuck in there.
If that's all clear then the motor itself will be faulty and will need to be replaced. To be honest its more then likely clear but worth checking just in case. Ive seen this fault many times and its nearly always the wash motor at fault.
Now the odd time it has turned out to be the control board but that's very rare as like I said its nearly always the wash motor at fault which causes this fault.
Sorry it not good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i,ll check cheers
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
No worries, If you need anymore info just get back to me.